Cupertino High School Cross Country 2016
Home of the
Head Coach Paul Armstrong
Coach's Parent Expectations
The following are my expectations for the parents of the students that I coach:
1. This a competitive team, not just a participatory one. Everyone will not win, but everyone is expected to improve.
2. Practice needs to be consistent without interruptions to
maximize progress. Be familiar with the practice and meet
3. We expect continuous improvement from the beginning of the season to the end, and from one season to the next.
4. The coaching staff is responsible for the coaching. This is
not the responsibility of parents, uncles, aunts, cousins, siblings,
the guys down the
street or the coach for hire. There may be a
different opinion about what we are doing, but we see your child
everyday at practice.
5. If you have a concern about the program, you need to communicate
that to me first. It could be a simple question, or a need to
short and/or long terms goals.
6. If your child is having issues, let us know so we can be extra vigilant. This should be done sooner rather than later.
7. My job is to provide opportunities for your child to
succeed. That also means there are opportunities to fail.
8 Success is not the same for everyone. The prime goal is
continuous improvement...sometimes that improvement is not directly
cross country or track & field.
9. You should be your child's biggest cheerleader. Be
positive. Be supportive. Don't be negative, they already know how
well or poorly they performed.
10. Try to attend at least meet this season. Your child deserves your support.
This page last updated: 8/5/16
webpage by PLA